Due Week 10 and worth 130 points
Preparation: In this assignment, you will choose one (1) article from the following list to analyze:
Gummerum, M., Keller, M., Takezawa, M., & Mata, J. (2008). To give or not to give: children’s and adolescent’s sharing and moral negotiations in economic decision situations. Child Development, 79, 562-576.
Jacinto, C., Duterte, M., Sales, P., & Murphy, S. (2008). I'm not a real dealer: the identity process of ecstasy sellers. Journal of Drug Issues, 38, 419-444.
Nilson, C., & Oliver, W. M. (2006). Changes in latitude, changes in attitude: an examination of police officer perceptions of police effectiveness among select police agencies in Canada, Venezuela, and the USA. Police Practice and Research, 7, 231-247.
Shariff, A. F., & Norenzayan, A. (2007). God is watching you: priming God concepts increases prosocial behavior in an anonymous economic game. Psychological Science, 18, 803-09.
Trimbur, L. (2009). Me and the law is not friends: how former prisoners make sense of reentry. Qualitative Sociology, 32, 259-277.
Obtain the article of your choice from EBSCO-Host, which is available via the LRC.
Write a three (3) to four (4) page paper about the research in which you:
- State the purpose and the research question used in the study.
- Explain how the term(s) is operationally defined.
- Describe the methodology of the study.
- Review the data in the study and describe what the data indicates.
- Evaluate the merit of the study based upon the process used in your textbook. Identify the errors you see from the way the study was conducted.
- Explain, from your perspective, the value this research has for the field of sociology.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one-inch margins on all sides, APA format.
- Use headers for each of the subjects being covered, followed by your response.
- In addition to the three (3) to four (4) pages required, a title page is to be included. The title page is to contain the title of the assignment, your name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and the date.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the various forms of quantitative research.
- Analyze the various forms of qualitative research.
- Discuss the role of statistical analysis in quantitative research.
- Describe the process of writing the research report.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in social research.
- Write clearly and concisely about social research using proper writing mechanics.