Assignment 2: Research Proposal
Due Week 6 and worth 160 points
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you complete the following:
- Develop a clear research question from the articles in your annotated bibliography. (This may be a hypothesis that you formulate into a research question.)
- Define your research proposal, describing what you will attempt to measure.
- Create a strategy on how the research proposal question/hypothesis can be measured.
- Discuss steps needed to achieve reliability and validity in the proposed strategy.
- Propose a sampling strategy for the proposed research.
- Follow an overall organization that is appropriate to the assignment, and in which ideas are presented in a logical order.
- Write in a clear manner that can be followed by the reader and is free of distracting grammar and spelling errors.
- Provide at least four credible, peer-reviewed references from your annotated bibliography in the reference section.
- Deploy in-text citations throughout the paper that match cited material to corresponding references.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Use headers for each of the subjects being covered, followed by your response.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are as follows:
- Analyze the elements of a literature review.
- Analyze measurement and sampling methodologies.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in social research.
- Write clearly and concisely about social research using proper writing mechanics.