Due Week 8 and worth 120 points
Your last project with GoodHealthProvider to develop DRP and BCP was a success. You have described the framework and procedures to be followed to recover from a disaster and continue functioning during a disaster. The company has now grown and the IT infrastructure has increased significantly. The CIO explained the next transition: "We are firmly committed to evolving with advanced technologies to increase our benefits, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption, and lower costs. Our existing storage infrastructure is not flexible and secure enough to cope with the incessant growth in corporate data. The mixed bag of our storage platforms and physical servers make the infrastructure complicated, with expensive operating costs and heavy manpower. I believe that we could use cloud computing and virtualization technologies to consolidate our on-site servers, to move some processing off-site, and to reduce the in-house IT manpower need.”
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Assess the validity of the CIO’s stated reasons for wanting to integrate cloud computing into the organization.
- Suggest at least two (2) data-storage technologies and two (2) virtualization technologies that you would use to address the problems of modernization, scalability, and cost reduction related to those components that remain on-site. Provide a rationale to support your response.
- Refer to the infrastructure framework described in Assignment 1. Next, analyze two (2) pros and two (2) cons of shifting storage and compute capacity from the specific framework off-site to a cloud service provider (CSP). Provide a rationale to support your response.
- Determine the components that you would modernize on-site while shifting others to a cloud provider off-site. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Graphically depict your inclusive plan to re-architect the IT infrastructure showing on-site components and off-site components to meet the CIO requirements, using Visio or an open source tool such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Compare and contrast NAS, DAS, and SAN technologies.
- Analyze and configure data-storage technologies.
- Explain the concept and types of virtualization.
- Compare and contrast grid and cloud computing technologies.
- Explain, configure, and implement virtualization technologies.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in disaster recovery and virtualization.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to disaster recovery and virtualization using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.