Due Week 4 and worth 120 points
Imagine that you work as a network architect consultant with GoodHealthProvider, a health-care provider located at Long Beach, California. The IT environment consists of five (5) servers and 120 computers, 32 of which are laptops. The facility has five (5) stack switches located throughout the building, all connecting to an eight (8) port GIGAswitch. The CIO of the company informs you that their operations involve daily transmission of a huge amount of data and transactions. These systems require high levels of data protection and availability to ensure business resiliency in the event of an interruption and comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations. The key requirements in this assignment are to assess the risks, develop a highly available disaster recovery plan, and develop a business continuity plan.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Perform a risk assessment to identify and analyze at least five (5) risks (technical and / or unique to the geography) that can potentially impact the organization.
- Examine the primary and secondary impacts of an interruption in normal operations in a business impact analysis (BIA) for the risks identified. Use a chart to represent your BIA (template previously downloaded for Week 2 lab, located in the online course.
- Create a fault-tolerant, secured, and highly available disaster recovery plan in which you include cloud components. Depict graphically the network architecture layout of your plan using Visio or an open source tool such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Develop a business continuity plan for the risks you have identified in Question 1.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Discuss different types of computing disasters and how to recover from them.
- Compare and contrast the fundamentals of business continuity plans, contingency plans, and virtualization data recovery.
- Discuss the significance of risk management and associated methodologies.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in disaster recovery and virtualization.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to disaster recovery and virtualization using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.