ECO 310 Assignment 1 U.S. Labor Market Strayer University
Due Week 4 and worth 250 points
Imagine you are a top economic advisor for the government and you have a great deal of influence.
Write a 6-8 page paper in which you:
- Analyze the factors that affect the demand of labor and make recommendations to increase the demand of labor.
- Discuss 3 barriers in the U.S. economy that are contributing to minimal job creation. Suggest how these barriers can be removed and to what level the job growth will be impacted.
- Predict what will happen to U.S. jobs if these barriers mentioned above are not removed.
- Outline a plan to improve the overall skill level of the American worker and invest in human capital.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the unique features and basic functioning of the labor market in the U.S., including the effects of various government policies on wages and employment.
- Describe the factors that affect the demand for and the supply of labor.
- Explain the benefits and costs of investment in human capital from the perspective of the firm and the individual worker.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in economics of labor.
Write clearly and concisely about economics of labor using proper writing mechanics.
ECO 310 Assignment 1 U.S. Labor Market Strayer University, ECO 310, ECO, ECO 310 Entire Course, ECO 310 Entire Class, ECO 310 Complete Course, ECO 310 Complete Class