ECO 101 Assignment 2: The Theory of the Firm, Labor Markets, and Imperfect Information Strayer University
Due Week 8 and worth 200 points
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Discuss what is “monopolistic” about monopolistic competition and the difference between perfect competition and monopolistic competition.
- Movie theaters charge differing prices to adults, children, and students; additionally, most theatres charge lower prices for afternoon showings. Discuss this pricing strategy and how it can maximize profits for the movie theater.
- When you apply for an insurance policy, such as life insurance or health insurance, the insurance company will require you to get a physical examination. The results of the physical exam are shared with the insurance company. Explain why insurance companies may require applicants to receive a physical exam using the concept of adverse selection.
- Include three (3) external peer-reviewed sources to support your position.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the relationship between cost and profit, and the elements that affect production and output in the short term and the long term
- Compare and contrast monopolistic competition and oligopoly.
- Analyze transaction costs, imperfect information, and behavior economics.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in microeconomics.
Write clearly and concisely about microeconomics using proper writing mechanics.
ECO 101 Assignment 2 Strayer University, ECO 101, ECO, ECO 101 Entire Course, ECO 101 Entire Class, ECO 101 Complete Course, ECO 101 Complete Class