CRJ 440 Case Study 2: Domestic Terrorist Attacks Strayer University
Due Week 8 and worth 100 points
The U.S. has experienced several domestic terrorist attacks in the last few decades. Use the Internet and Strayer databases to research one (1) of the following three (3) domestic terrorist attacks:
- 1993 World Trade Center Bombing
- 1995 Oklahoma City Bombing
- 2009 Fort Hood Shooting
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Describe the person(s) or group(s) responsible for the attack.
- Assess the validity of the motivations / beliefs of the person(s) or group responsible for the chosen attack. Indicate both the stated motivations / beliefs of the perpetrator(s) and the statements about the motivations / beliefs of the perpetrator(s) made by law enforcement or government sources.
- Describe any known planning for the attack, such as gathering supplies, surveillance of the target, or any outside support / assistance.
- Examine the planning activities of the person(s) or group(s) responsible for the chosen attack, and determine whether or not law enforcement should or could have been identified and prevented the activities in question.
- Summarize the actual attack. Assess the degree to which the attack achieved the intended goals of the perpetrator(s).
- Examine the repercussions of the attack, and identify whether or not any security / legislative changes were enacted as a result of the attack. Evaluate the effectiveness of the security / legislative changes that were made in attempts to prevent future attacks. If no security / legislative changes were enacted as a result of the attack, suggest at least three (3) changes that should be made and provide a rationale for your response.
- Summarize the lessons that could be learned from the attack.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the definitions of terrorism and the criminological and sociological explanations for terrorist behavior.
- Interpret the operational functioning of terrorist groups.
- Analyze current terrorist threats and the role of terrorist networks.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in Terrorism and Antiterrorism.
Write clearly and concisely about terrorism and antiterrorism using proper writing mechanics and APA style conventions.
CRJ 440 Case Study 2 Strayer University, CRJ 440, CRJ, CRJ 440 Entire Course, CRJ 440 Entire Class, CRJ 440 Complete Course, CRJ 440 Complete Class