CIS 505 Assignment 1 Standards Research Strayer University
Due Week 2 and worth 80 points
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Select one (1) of the working groups in the IETF or IEEE and briefly summarize what this group is working on.
- Justify the need of the IEEE 802 standard used in networking.
- Evaluate the three (3) standard organizations including IEEE, ISO, and ANSI to determine the most important for communication technology.
- Take a position on the need for a federal regulating body of standards such as NIST. Include supporting evidence to justify your opinion.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the needs of communication networks in a business environment.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in communication networks.
- Write clearly and concisely about communication networks using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
CIS 505 Assignment 1 Standards Research Strayer University, CIS 505, CIS, CIS 505 Entire Course, CIS 505 Entire Class, CIS 505 Complete Course,CIS 505 Complete Class