CIS 443 Case Study 1: Agile in Practice – An Agile Success Story Strayer University
Due Week 4 and worth 100 points
Read the article titled “Agile in Practice – An Agile Success Story” and complete this case study assignment. Note: The article in PDF format can be found in the online course shell.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Determine the key reasons why Deloitte Consulting (DC) chose a modified SCRUM method instead of a traditional waterfall method.
- Explain how DC performed project planning and analyze its effectiveness for later execution and product release.
- Identify the challenges that DC encountered in each project phase and explain how they overcame those challenges. Give an opinion on whether the Agile concepts played an important role in this process.
- Determine the techniques that DC used to monitor the project progress and evaluate how it enabled the project success.
- Explain why DC did not use offshore resources and evaluate whether the Agile method will work in a project with diverse workforce geographically and culturally. .
- Speculate on the leadership roles needed if you were part of the DC team.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Compare and contrast Agile methods with traditional project management techniques.
- Explain the challenges and opportunities of an Agile project leader.
- Summarize the iterative qualities for Agile project success.
- Describe Agile project management methods and phases.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in Agile project management.
Write clearly and concisely about Agile project management topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
CIS 443 Case Study 1 Strayer University, CIS 443, CIS, CIS 443 Entire Course, CIS 443 Entire Class, CIS 443 Complete Course, CIS 443 Complete Class