CIS 433 Term Paper Contacts System Developing Strayer University
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a written project plan, and a project plan that is created through the use of MS Project. You must submit the two (2) sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment it is written for. Additionally, you may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Imagine that you are a software architect manager working in a midsized company that has over fifty (50) stores in eight (8) states in U.S. The sales department has all the suppliers’ and the VIP customers' contact information in various places including emails, social media sites, phones, and so on. With the increasing number of contacts due to your company's rapid growth, the sales department found that it is difficult to manage the contacts in an efficient manner. You are asked to develop an application that would allow the sales department’s employees to consolidate all of these contacts into a central location. Additionally, you are in charge of developing this system from the beginning to the end.
Assume that you have eighteen (18) months to complete this project from the beginning to deployment. Your team consists of ten (10) members with diversified backgrounds.
After the planning phase, the stakeholders of this project want an additional feature added that allows the sales department’s employees to export the contacts from the application you developed into various different file formats.
Section 1: Written Project Plan
- Write a eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
- Describe the contact system you are developing including:
- Functionalities of the application
- The scope of users
- The platform(s) that it will be developed on
- The operating system(s) it will be run on
- The software(s) and tools required for the development
- The software(s) and techniques required for the users
- Determine and explain the architectural style of the application.
- Create a graphical representation of the architecture design of this application through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Word or Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Draw a UML diagram to demonstrate the system's functionality through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Word or Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Explain how the nonfunctional properties work within the system.
- Identify the security features that will be included in this system and explain how those security features work to protect the user and the business.
- Determine the roles of the team for developing the application from architecting the system to software support and explain how these roles work with each other. Describe each position including required skills, working experience, and salary information.
- Determine the development platform used to build this application on and analyze why the platform was selected over other available platforms.
- Distribute the tasks and subtasks related to the development process over multiple geographic locations of your company.
- Create an effective change management process to handle the stakeholders' request for the additional feature after the planning phase is complete, such as the handling of an additional field or the ability to perform wildcard searches. Justify your answer.
- Propose a software testing solution for this application that addresses both functional and nonfunctional requirements.
- Explain how the software will be deployed and speculate on how future updates of the system will be applied.
- Recommend methods to control the quality of work.
- Recommend methods to close the project.
- Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Describe the contact system you are developing including:
Section 1 of your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
Section 2: Project Plan
Use Microsoft project to:
- Develop a project plan. The project plan must:
- Record all tasks, subtasks, resources, and time related to the project.
- Outline the planning, analysis, design, and implementation phases.
- Identify the key milestones of this project.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe collaborative techniques among distributed development teams and systems.
- Compare and contrast software build tools.
- Describe and design a deployment approach to systems architecture.
- Create an effective change management process to address and solve a proposed business problem.
- Describe, develop, and implement software testing strategies and plans.
- Outline test plans for nonfunctional requirements.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the delivery of software solutions.
Write clearly and concisely about topics associated to software architecture techniques using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
CIS 433 Term Paper Contacts System Developing Strayer University, CIS 433, CIS, CIS 433 Entire Course, CIS 433 Entire Class, CIS 433 Complete Course, CIS 433 Complete Class